Saturday, January 19, 2013

A Long Week

18 September 2012

Querido Padres
     Hey whats going on?   Here in Jayanca, well,... we haven´t been here in Jayanca much this week.   My companion had an operation on Monday. I promise never to complain about American health centers.   It was a disaster trying to get in for this operation,  but it happened and now life goes back to normal again, I hope.   So, this week we had just a little bit of work we got to do.   More than anything we were in hospital.  Wow, in the hospital there was absolutely nothing to do!   I have never been so bored in my life.   I read the book of Leviticus in the bible and watched like 4 hours of nascar.  I was extremely happy I did find the Broncos / Falcons game last night in the hospital.   It was kinda sad the Broncos didn´t show up to it... How are sports going?   I hear BYU got stomped by the U too... sorry Mom and Dad...  
      I´m glad to hear that Matt is doing better.   Let him know that I am keeping him in mind out here and send pictures if you can of the Brigham City temple!  I would love to see how it turned out.  Also, if it's possible, send out the conference to peru.   I would love to see it. (probably Presidente Ivins has it.)   It sounds good!  
      I am impressed that you are painting the garage.   That is a project in and of itself...and cleaning it, too?   Wow!   Mom and Dad, you guys got ambitious!  I thought it would have been better to dedicate one of the family reunions to cleaning it...  and the tractor.
     How is the Shelby?   It hasn´t been sold yet has it?  
     Tell Matt 220 lbs is a whole lot better for guys our size.   I, too, finally stabalized at 220.  I am turning a lot of my old fat into muscle.   I have dropped several waist sizes but am still at 220.
     WIth the packages, well, ¨sería mentirle¨, no I haven´t seen any of them. I don´t know what happened to them. I have been keeping an eye out for them,  but still nothing. It's possible that someone lifted them.   The crime rate has jumped up quite a bit here recently. I wonder if the economy here took a hit.   Someone robbed a big golden catholic cross in Morrope (or in Motupe, I always confuse the two places), but in one of them they had a big catholic cross that they keep well guarded. But, every year they add golden and silver ornaments to it.  Soooo, someone lifted it, and cut it up to transport it.  They found the cross cut into 4 pieces and burned with all the gold and silver missing.  It was a big upset here.  Several people talked to us about it.   So it's possible that someone in a similar situation is lifting packages. 
     For money, yeah, I'm doing more or less OK.   I still have 25 dollar.   The conversion is about 2.7 right now,  so I still have like 60 sols.   We cut back on everyhting this month and I still have like 30 sols to use and the 60 more from the dollares if I need it.
     How are my old friends back home? Have you heard from anyone? Is devin doing better? Did Braden ever go on a mission? I haven´t heard from anyone back home in 5 or 6 months.  I think the last letter I got was in March from Paisly.  Do you hear about anyone back home?   Nor have I heard from the stake or ward since before Christmas.  If you hear from anyone, well,  I would like to know how things are back home.
     Oh, in the package that you are working on, there is a magazine of temples. If it's not a problem, it would be really cool to have it.   I saw it on the church website.  It looked really useful.   Also maybe ask Venessa if the other packages were sent from Lima  because if they were, they are probably gone.   I would just to find out somehting about them
     Well,  all things aside, I'm doing good. Presidente Risso mentioned to me in a meeting that I might be going far from chiclayo this next change. I guess we will see. The changes are in the middle of October.  
     I love you all.  Thanks for all the support.  I will write again in the next week. Keep in touch and let me know whats going on back home! I am always interested to hear.

Much love,

No comments:

Post a Comment