Saturday, January 19, 2013

Zone Conference

8 October 2012

Hey Mom and Dad

     How's everthing at home?   Sorry this will be a really short letter.
 We are out in Morrope this week.   We decided to get together on a
zone activity.   We had a zone sleepover  (una Pijamada). We came out
here yesterday after the conference.   In the evening, we roasted
hamburgers over an open fire that we made inside the house of the
other missionaries here in Morrope. (Morrope has a church house that is  3
stories tall.), so we had some fun with that.   We then all slept in the church
on concrete floors (not the best or brightest idea we ever had but we
did it).   Then today, we have been running around together all day
doing just about everything.   It's been a way sweet day.   We have had a
great deal of fun.   We will stay here and go work here in the
nighttime.   Tomorrow we are going to have our zone meeting here
and then head back to our areas.   The DL´s are in charge of our district
meeting tomorrow... that is me, my buddy Elder Yagual, and Elder
Cordero  (Elder Sheep which makes me laugh!)  It's been a fun day.
But because of that, we are using the internet here which is a touch
sloooooooooooooowwwwwwwww.   I have not gotten my debit card yet, but
I did get the other package with the shirts and the food. Thanks!
But with the mail, our ZL´s haven´t been to the office in a week so it
could be there by now.   I will try and see if I can get it this week.
 Tell the Bishop thanks for the intent.   I didn´t get one this week
either.  I am not sure when you talked to him, but I for sure didn´t
see one this week.
     I hope you and dad enjoy your week!  With everyone
out of the house, this is the time to go party I think! Thanks for
everything.  This week we have been working hard.  It was stressfull.
We had literally 20 or more investigators promise us to come with us
to the conference this week and we only got 5... which was one family,
and one girl (part member family).    We had invited so many so it
was tough after all the work and the running around to all sides of
Jayanca to have almost no one show up.   We had 2 or 3 investigator families
that we had hopes of putting baptismal date with, but they just won´t
go to church.   We have been working and working with them and the 3
promised us to go to church and not one made it.  We are probably going to drop them because they won´t progress and don´t really have much stopping them from progessing.   We
have one other investigator who we are hoping to baptize soon with her
daughter. (We teach a lot of women here I realized.)  She and her
daughter were in a lot debt, had  a lot of health and other problems and didn´t
know what to do.   They were talking one day and the mom was
telling her daughter that God would send help,
and we knocked on her door in that very same second.    We have been
teaching her and trying to help her;  the other day we felt
impressed to go visit her. went, and she was super sick (heart cancer
I think she said.)   We gave her a blessing of heath;  when she
woke up the next morning she was completely better. I am not sure if
God cured the cancer or just got her heart back to normal, but she has
been 100 percent better  and now looks truly converted to the
gospel.   We haven´t talked to her about baptism yet but she is
incredibly animated about the gospel.  We are hoping to put a baptizmal
date with her this week.   We are hoping for the end of October or the
first of November.
     Well,  I have to go.  Tell Jeff and Kels congratulations!   I
will be praying for them. I hope everyone in the family is doing
well  and send my love to everyone back home.

     I love you! have a good week! I look forward to hearing from you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment