Saturday, January 19, 2013

Guadalupe

22 October 2012

Hey Parents!

     I am Really in the zone Guadalupe.  I am in Chepen.  It's a decently sized city.  a little smaller than AF, I think.   We can walk from one end of it to the other in about an hour. (There wasn´t money for a taxi).   I am the Zone leader here with Elder Zepeda.  It's a lot of fun.   He actually reminds me of Jeff by his character.  Actually, he looks kinda like Jeff too  and he is about the same age as Jeff which is even more strange...  I think Jeff has a Guatamalan twin.  No,he is 27, just a touch younger than Jeff.   He went into the mission at 25 years, right on the line.  His family was really really inactive in the church and he reactivated at 24 years.   He reactivated himself to go on the mission.  He is on his last change in the mission.   He goes home the next change, about half way through.   I am looking for something cool I can do for him before he finishes up.  I like it here.  Being a zone leader is a lot more fun than district leader.   Now I get to do stuff,  but it's busy all the time.
      Chepen is really sweet.   The people here are super nice.   We have only had one person who straight up told us to go away and stop bothing him.   The area is big, but with an incredibly active branch.   It's actually about the size of a ward.   We have about 120 active members. but then we have 280 inactives,  really its not bad.   I did get your last package too.   Sorry I forgot to say something in the last letter.   I got it, I ate it, and enjoyed it a great deal.   Thanks for the book of temples!!  I look forward to seeing it!   I have wanted one for a while!!!   Thanks!   Also, if its possible,  I would like just anything of the church that you think i could use.  I apreciate it!   Thanks also for the news.   I just like knowing how the family is doing!   Also, if you can keep me updated with how Devin is doing I would appreciate it. I will be sure to send him a quick note before I get off today.
     If you hear anything from anyone else, I'd love to know how things are going back home both in n the ward or if you run into anyone I know.   Haha!   I think I died to all my friends. (the peruvian joke about missionaries over one year in mission.)
     I love you so much.    Thanks for everything!   I really do appreciate it.   I hope all is well at home.  Say "hi" to all the family.  I am glad you two had fun on your vacation!

Have a great week and I will write again Monday!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment