Sunday, August 14, 2011

Week 2

12 August 2011
     Yeah!  The MTC is great!  I did get both packages.  Thanks you so much!  I really appreciate it.  Would you have Keira update my facefook to let people know that I don't have anyone's address.  If they send it to you (mom), you can forward the addresses to me through the mail.  Thanks.  I can't believe it is Friday already.  Friday is now my P day.  I can't believe how fast the time flies in here.  Tell Devin I will see him on Wednesday.  Tell Aaron...no top ramen and definitely no steak!  Last week was gringo week, this week is now normal.  I will be able to write every Friday.  I can write during my laundry time.  They let us use the computers while we wait for loads to finish.  The food here is not the greatest except for the pineapple.  They always have the sweetest pineapple.  It confuses me. 
     The Spanish is progressing at an incredible rate.  I had a full conversation with Elder Herpel yesterday.  No English.  It was really cool to see how much Spanish I had learned in just a few days.  I also got my travel information yesterday.  I leave for Peru on 24 August at 9:51AM.  I go to Atlanta then on to Lima. 
It is tough being away from you all, but I love being here.  I have had many spiritual experiences.  I have also found an appreciation for reading the scriptures that I have never had before.  Elder Herpel actually had the comment of the week recently.  He said, "Before, I never used to read my scriptures...now I do it for fun."  I constantly want to read the scriptures and I have begun to find meaning in them far deeper that I have ever had before.
     The missionaries that were in the dorm room before us left all these clues.  We followed them and found a note about them going to battle in Russia.  It was probably one of the funniest things I've ever read!
     My companions are great.  I like them all.  Our entire district is super tight.  I haven't had a desire to murder any of them so I guess that's something, at least.  We get a new Spanish teacher tonight and I'm super excited for that .  I love it here.  I'll write again next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment